Tuesday 3 March 2015

styling with the culottes



   
Culottes - Miss Selfridge (Buy here)
Fringe blouse - Zara (Buy here)
Faux fur gilet - Vintage
Pointed suede boots - Top Shop (sold out)
Fringe bag - vintage (Zara Similar here)
Boho inspired jewellery - New Look (sold out)  

Some people may never get the culotte trousers. I guess you could say they're a little like marmite, you either love them or hate them. However, sensing that this spring/summer 70s hippy influences are expected to bloom, culotte trousers or any kind of flare are a must in everyones wardrobe. For those who are unsure what they are, they're basically trousers that hang like a skirt, meaning you can enjoy the comfort but still look effortlessly chic. 

I must admit I wasn't 100% sure, due to the swooping baggy flare at the bottom I thought they would drown my frame out. However, tucking in my blouse or jumper and wearing platform boots or mules helps balance out my body frame and elongate my legs a bit more. 

They're my favourite staple piece this spring as I'm constantly styling for comfort and the unpredictable Scottish weather, so they do tick all the boxes. What I also love about these sculptural trousers is how versatile they are to style with other clothes. You name it crop tops, blouses and jumpers are all perfect combinations. I just can't wait to experiment with mine. 

Are you styling culottes this spring? I'd love to know. 
SHARE:

3 comments:

  1. Yess! I love it, I have only just begun to like culottes and now I'm obsessed.
    This outfit it so gorgeous!

    www.ellexgalvin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're totally working those culottes! The whole outfit really suits you.
    It was lovely to meet you earlier getting our train. Now following your fab blog xx

    Lovefromloulou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl 💗 aw thank you! I'll admit I wasn't sure about the look but it's definitely growing on me. It was lovely to meet you! Can't wait for the next event to see you all again xx

      Delete

© Living in a Dream. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig