Monday 24 November 2014

Something a little different

Hey lovely bloggers,

So I had a bit of an exciting weekend, it was me and my boyfriend's anniversary! So We did what couples do and celebrated with dinner, a little theatre trip followed by drinks in Glasgow


I have to say I got pretty spoiled as he also managed to squeeze in a MAC appointment just before dinner, which included a full professional  makeover and £30 to spend in store. Honestly what more could a girl want! As I am not very confident with make up, I really enjoyed the experience of someone doing my make-up. Allison the make-up artist could not have been more helpful. I loved the fact that she asked me loads of questions about how I wear my make-up. From coverage to what finish I prefer.

As I don't normally wear a lot of make-up I decided to ask Allison to emphasis on my eyes and lips and I don't think she could have done it better. Not too much and oozing sophistication. I loved my look so much that I practically ending up buying most of the product she used on me. My favourite being the chili matte lipstick. What do you think? 

     Ps - sorry about the bad photo quality here. If anyone's tried to take pictures in Citizen M then you'll know that it's a nightmare

After this we headed to a lovely place called club 29 at the Royal Exchange square. Honestly don't know where to start! From the beautiful fairy-tale surroundings of lights, friendly staff, cosy atmosphere, it was one of the nicest places I have ever eating in. Then our food arrived, oh my gad!! It was like heaven on a plate, even if I tried I could not fault any of the dishes! I would recommend this to anyone, and you would think that for all this that it was quite pricey, nah Its pretty much your average TGI bill. So it's definitely the place to go if you're wanting a quality meal but still on a budget. 

Don't forget if you do go, try the home made bread they offer at the table. It's to die for!!




Lastly, we headed to the theatre to see Edward scissor hands. As I'm a big Tim Burton fan I felt I needed to see this. I'm so glad I did it's a cracking piece of theatre Although the original Gothic suburban elements are still there, Mathew Bourne takes a fresh new take on it. One of my favourite scenes was the start which answers the question from the movie of why Edward even existed. 

The play is also driven by Danny Elfman, beautiful sound track and contemporary ballet which tells the story of a bittersweet, touching love story. For me it was one which I won't forget and would encourage anyone from your granny to your children to go see this. 

Oh and like movie, you may ball your eyes out as I nearly did so bring some tissues. 


I guess this little post was a bit different to my usual outfit posts, however as I was in my favourite city and had such a wonderful weekend with my boyfriend I guess it'd be silly not to blog about it.








SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Living in a Dream. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig