Sunday 18 January 2015

New year new me


A little late I suppose, but I thought I 
would write down some New Year resolutions that I plan on succeeding or doing this year. When it comes to dedication i am not the best at it, this usually comes down lack of confidence which therefore results a spiral of half hearted attempts, or worse not succeeding goals. So I have decided to officially write these down as I think this might motivate me and give me a little kick up the bum, so here goes. 

1. Drink more water - right some of must me thinking that's something you should be doing anyway, but for me I actually find it difficult to drink anymore than 2 glasses of water a day! So this year I really am going to try my hardest to aim for atleast 2 litres! The benefits are endless and it might help boost my energy levels back up as I've recently been lacking these days.

2. Dedicate more time to my blog - this is a hard one, as I do find it can be a little time consuming and trying to juggle work and social time with friends and my boyfriend it can be difficult trying to squeeze writing a blog post. However I will do my best to atleast upload one a week at the very least. 

3. Find a new career path - so for as long as I can remember I have been working in retail. I have now come  to the stage in my life where I really need a change of scenery. It's definitely not a place i want to see myself In years to come as I no longer enjoy what I do so here's hoping this year I find a job that I love and actually feel happy to get up in the morning. 

4. Exercise more - Yup it's the stereo typical resolution everyone makes! But this year I am going to promise myself to get myself to the gym. I even fancy trying yoga! i have heard it's not only for the body as it strengths and corrects posture but apparently doing 10 minutes a day can get rid of stress!!! 

5. Avoid drinking as much fizzy drinks- Instead of going cold turkey as I know i'd fail miserably, I'm going to limit my fizzy drink intake to a glass every few weeks! I feel at the moment and especially over the Christmas season I have been drinking far too much of it, especially diet cola. This resolution came from a video I recently watched a video on YouTube of the effects of drinking cola does to you not only to your teeth but your body! Needless to say it was disgusting and I am now a little scarred from it. 

6. Eat more greens - I do have a relatively okay diet and I'm not a fussy eater either in fact I have yet to find any fruit and vegetable that I don't like. Problem Is I feel I have is I don't eat enough. So this year I'm going to try and eat and be more green. 

7. Get a fringe - for a couple of years I've been debating on getting a fringe, but this year I'm going to take the risk! I want a fringe. 

8. Watch TV series's to the VERY END - Okay so I am so bad at watching the start of any TV series but I never ever finish watching it. I'll probably watch it to season 3 forget about it then wonder what actually happened. So this year I'm going to fulfil a few nights a week to catch up on some TV as there are loads I want to watch. I also have Netflix now so that's definitely a start!! 

9. Prioritise where my money goes - I'm generally really good at saving money, the problem with me is i buy a lot of clothes and most of the time it's because it's cheap. However realistically I never need any of these clothes and it just becomes a waste of money. So this year I'm going to limit my unnecessary purchases and invest in more staple pieces. 

10. Travel - even if it's just little trips round Scotland I'm not too fussed as long as  I get myself out my small town for a while. I love visiting new places, discovering cute little towns so this year fingers crossed I get a few trips planned. 



SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Living in a Dream. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig